These Are A Few...

3 comments
... of my favorite things!

With the holidays right around the corner, it seems like the gadgets and gizmos are getting smaller and fancier and cooler.  The commercials and online descriptions have me oooh-ing and ahhh-ing like a small child.

Here are a few of my recent favorites:
(all images are linked for your viewing pleasure)

1. Power Mat - speaking of gadgets and gizmos, isn't this awesome?  Instead of dragging out your charger each time your phone, handheld game, etc starts to lose it's mojo, just drop it down on this handy mat and VOILA it starts recharging.  Genius.  Sadly, there doesn't seem to be an adapter for my Droid phone, but I am certain it won't be long.
 2. Two Words: Plasma Car.  Oh the miles I would have traveled if I'd had one of these as a kid.  No motor, no batteries, you just wiggle the steering wheel back and forth to make it go-go-go!  It will also hold a grownup (up to around 200lbs), which I think is awesome!  Santa may or may not be leaving one of these under the tree this year for my daughter.  I hope she will share.
3. Ruffles, lace and all things girly.  Take a look at this scarf - I'll admit, my experience with crochet can pretty much be summed up by my looking over my grandmother's shoulder as a small child.  According to the lovely owner of this photo - it's EASY...and she even tells you HOW!  So, grab those hooks and some yarn and make one.  Even better, make two and send me one.  Just kidding.  Unless you really want to.  ;-)


4. Ahhh, Flavia's planners and organizers.  I am not, by nature, a highly organized and coordinated person, perhaps this is why I love calendars and planners - I have great ambitions to be organized and coordinated.  Everyone needs a goal, right?  I especially love the planners designed by artist Flavia Weedn, she has gorgeous drawings and remarkable quotes scattered throughout the pages.  
 5. Hot Mama Handbags.  Oh my - the gorgeous fabrics cover every color and pattern under the rainbow.  Each is handmade and custom orders are even available.  How I covet one of these:




Well, that's it for tonight - let me know what has you drooling this holiday season.  Is Santa leaving you a special gift under the tree?


If you like this post, please share it!
Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

3 Response to These Are A Few...

December 5, 2010 at 9:47 AM

Thanks for the great ideas! I especially love the power mat. I'm totally getting one of those! Especially seeing the DS on there... my kids are always losing chargers and leaving their DS's around to zero battery life. Thanks!

December 6, 2010 at 7:36 AM

LOL "great ambitions to be organized and coodinated" too funny! Before kids I was quite possibly the most organized and coordinated person on the planet....and then kids. lol! I NEEEEED to get better organized [doing better but eh.] I am one of THOSE people that salivates walking into an office supply store or-gasp-THE.CONTAINER.STORE. I love organizing! I also love all the other stuff on your list! Hubby and I weren't going getting anything for each other this year due to tight fundage but he pulled some magic out of his sleeve and got me some stuff. GRR lol, BUT, Tasha's got tricks too! haha! I'm most excited about one thing: he needed a mouse pad for his desktop...so I got him a personalized collage one of the kiddos from snapfish! it was like $13! I think he's going to LOVE IT!

Thanks for commenting my bloggage! I wrote ya back!

December 12, 2010 at 8:15 AM

I love the power mat thingy...

But what I REALLY want is a knock-off of the iPad...I found it one place for $159.00 but I keep wrestling with do I NEED it or do I just WANT it?

Anyhoo, found you through a CafeMom blogging group- feel free to join in my blog-hop this weekend! I've met quite a a few new people by blog hopping:

http://www.comeonhome.net

Post a Comment