I'm Dreaming of a.....

3 comments
....Pink Christmas.  Wait, what??  Pink?

Let's back up a little.  We moved into this house about 18 months ago, and for the most part it has been great.  Our only complaint has been that the master bedroom and bathroom take on traits of the Sahara Desert in the summer and Arctic Tundra in the winter.  Now that we're mid-November it's getting a little chilly in there.  I don't mean cold, I mean COLD.  You know when you're out camping and you have to psych yourself up to get out of your sleeping bag in the morning, because you're warm but it's cold out?  Yes, that is me every morning.  Showering in the winter was an exercise in self discipline. 

We tried a few different things, and initially thought the house-builder had given us a heating/air conditioning unit that was just too small.  After more checking, nope.  Finally, hubby crawled up in the attic to make sure the heating ducts were all connected properly and discovered we had NO INSULATION!  Well, to be fair, there was a slight dusting, but it was less than 1/2 inch in most places and bare wood for the rest.  No wonder we were having such a hard time!

Finally, this weekend we were able to get the attic insulated - I'm not talking inches, I'm talking FEET!  It is awesome!  I just poked my head up and peeked and it looks like rolling hills of sparkly snow.  Well, Pink Snow. 

Wonder if hubby would be mad if I climbed up and left a "snow angel" up there.....

Anyone else struggle with home-improvement projects?  I miss being a renter, it seems like now that we have a place with our name on it, SOMETHING always needs fixed/replaced. 
If you like this post, please share it!
Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

3 Response to I'm Dreaming of a.....

November 23, 2010 at 4:06 PM

Hey, I know exactly what you mean. I am my very first home and though I LOVE it, and I mean really LOVE it. It can be a cash drain BIG TIME. If it's not one thing it's another. I hadn't been in my house but 6 months or so and the air conditioning unit went out...brand new house, too. Fortunately it was covered because it was new. Then lightning struck it, covered by insurance less the deductible, then lightning struck the well...argh!! You get the idea. Anyway, fortunately nothing for a while. Good luck on your house. It is fun to be the owner (with the bank).
Visiting from SITS/BlogFrog. Hope everything goes well with your new site. Come visit me sometime. I'm really into cooking, scrapbooking, and photography, too.

November 24, 2010 at 6:25 PM

HAHAHHA! nice! I'm glad you are enjoying the rolling hills of "pink" snow! thanks for commenting my bloggage. CONGRATS on your little one! can't wait to see what you come up with for your nursery decor! Definitely let me know when you got it!

-natasha

December 6, 2010 at 10:51 AM

That's a great list. That mat certain does sound like it could come in handy.

Post a Comment